Could we discuss how it’s the summertime and just how darn hot it is outside these days? (Yes, I’m bringing up the time of year AND the weather. Get excited.)
If you’re reading this in the morning, I will more than likely be out on my Friday run. Y’all, even though I’m thrilled to be running again, this summer heat is overwhelming, and the heat and humidity combination we’ve got going in Dallas these days is a challenge.
The good news? Starting a day off with activity is awesome. The bad news? Sweat and tiredness once home. The secondary good news? Showers and the ability to nap if I so choose.
So there’s that. You’re welcome for sharing, internet.
… I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite links of the week for y’all, so without further ado, here are my Friday Favorites:
- “The photojournalist is that person who sees through a different set of eyes: the eyes of the heart, eyes of history.” Beautifully said, John H. White.
- Mark Tipple’s The Underwater Project combines serenity with chaos, and I find it fascinating. And it makes me want to go to the beach.
- Joe McNally photographed from the top of world’s tallest building. I about had a panic attack looking at the images and video shared… though being the PJ that I am, all a person would have to say to me is, “You know, you’d get a better picture if you scaled the building. Or hung over the edge. Or whatever.” Because that’s the proverbial carrot I need to do things that would normally make me cringe. (In case y’all were wondering…)
- Daniel Gordon‘s exotic still lifes and portraits are fascinating and a little creepy… and hard to look away from.
Odds & Ends
- The internet exploded last week when it was revealed that M Night Shyamalan ghost-wrote She’s All That. Woah there.
- Mr. Rogers is so fantastic, y’all.
- A Peach, Blueberry and Basil Crisp? Someone please make this for me next weekend.
That’s all I’ve got. What are some of your favorite links of the week?