And yet ANOTHER Friday is upon us, friends.
How has your week been? Mine has been full of food assignments, surprisingly, and, needless to say, I have been enjoying myself thoroughly, minus that one day I had a migraine, due to the weather craziness we’ve experienced recently. Other than that? It looks like today will be a busy day, as will tomorrow, and then, next week is beach week, starting on Thursday. Woohoo!
Here are my favorite things from this week:
- I’m a big fan of Todd Reichman’s blog for photographers, A Man to Fish, and his post this week - This Stuff Takes Time – was a fantastic reminder that us photographers are in business for the long-term and to get to where we need to be, we need to have patience. I think it is the same for any small business owner, really. So, thanks for the reminder, Todd.
- Klaus Pichler‘s photographs of dust are elegant… but make me a little itchy when looking at them. (Side note: I’m allergic to dust. I KNOW. This is majorly unfortunate, right?)
- If you’ve been watching Frozen Planet, check out these portraits of New Zealand glaciers. I don’t know what my recent fascination with still-life photography (and nature photography) has been, but this is feeding into it.
- We’ve all been forced to switch to Facebook Timeline for our businesses. Check out Photoshelter’s post about how to utilize five new tools on Facebook to for our businesses. Also check out Becka’s Facebook Timeline cheat sheet.
- South African photographer Andrew McGibbon‘s portraits of wild horses are stunning. I wonder how he made them, lit them and got the horses to cooperate.
- I’m loving NYC photographer Bob Carey’s self-portrait project that is raising awareness for breast cancer.
Odds & Ends
- If you’re a Hunger Games and Mean Girls fan, check this out: Get in loser. We’re going to the Capitol.
What are some of your favorite things from the internet this week?
And what all do you have planned for the weekend?