I can hardly believe that it’s April and that this weekend is Easter Sunday. I don’t know about y’all, but I’m excited for the weekend because my mother is making the trek to Louisiana to spend the weekend with us. And since this is becoming a yearly tradition, there will be much fun had, including planting my mini-garden, doing some mother-daughter shopping and some of our favorite Easter recipes… like chocolate cake and an Easter crawfish etouffee. (We’ve made these for the past four years.)
And it’s been a fantastic week on the internet, too. Here are some of my favorite things from around the web:
- I watched The Bang Bang Club last Saturday night, on a whim after realizing we had it on Netflix Instant. Not only is the movie an accurate depiction – or what I feel is an accurate depiction – of combat photogs (based on my experience of running rounds with spot news junkie photogs), but it also reminded me of those former co-workers and our relationships. All in all, it was a fascinating watch. Just be forwarned: If you watch it before bedtime, expect to have dreams of being shot at on assignment in a combat zone.
- Cincinnatian Amy Hildebrand was born blind, and she is a professional photographer. She uses her camera for sight, and she is just about complete with her 1000 photos in 1000 days project, started in 2009.
- These photos, made by photographer Richard Stultz, stress me out. So. Many. Choices. (And they’re SO busy, too!)
Odds & Ends
- I have enjoyed following Hipster Branding this past week. Check out all those logos!
- I’ve always been a huge fan of typography, and I am adoring Lisa Congdon’s 365 days of hand lettering.
- If you’re a Counting Crows fan like me, you can stream their new album, Underwater Sunshine (Or What We Did On Our Summer Vacation), over at Lightning 100’s website. What do y’all think? I’m digging the mix of covers and new material!
- Prepare yourselves for a lack of productivity for the rest of this Friday: All the Saved by the Bell GIFs. … You’re welcome. (Or sorry…)
- My friend, Rivers, and I launched a new side project this week: Delightfully Southern. Head on over there, check it out and let us know what you think!
Happy Easter weekend!
What’s on tap for you?