It’s almost Carnival Weekend, y’all, and I am beyond excited to be heading to New Orleans today to celebrate Mardi Gras for the first time in, oh, seven years.
It’s going to be epic.
- I may have squealed when I saw the following images. Little Friends Photo, Seth Casteel’s photo company, is featuring a series called Underwater Dogs. It’s been picked up by many national news outlets, and there is no doubt why. These photos are fantastic!
- If you were ever wondering why so many sports photographers have strobes inside gyms, check out this time lapse.
- Simon Harsent’s iceberg portraits are stunning.
- Elizabeth Halford is incredible. Why, you ask? Well, her blog rocks, but she’s also recently put together Facebook for your Photography Business, a 40 minute video to get you started. Watch it!
- As someone who shoots a lot of portraits, I really liked Jasmine Star’s Shooting Star on Posing Behind the Scenes.
- James Appleton‘s photos of the Northern Lights floating over an Icelandic Volcano are surreal-looking!
- Photoshelter, as always, has a fantastic guide up about pricing your wedding photography business competitively. So if you’re a wedding photographer, head on over!
- Photographer Alice Smeets images of modern witchcraft are both beautiful and a little eerie. What do y’all think?
Odds & Ends
- Want people to return your e-mails? Check out this graphic.
- While we’re on the subject of getting more responses, zoom on over to Dan Zarella’s infographic on how to get more Twitter interaction.
- TOMS ballet flats are now for sale! Hooray!
- I love FOX’s New Girl, and I’m digging the musicvideosthey’veposted with the theme song. They’re all a little different and all are equally quirky.
- Remember how I ran the Rouge-Orleans with a team last weekend? I just found this post from Meredith Dolhare on her experience as a solo runner. Mad props to that girl for pushing through and making it as far as she did.
What are y’all planning for this weekend?