Happy Friday, y’all!
How are you? How’s your week been?
My week has been an uber-productive one, with various shoots and edits. When I’m working at home, I find myself forgetting about coffee, and then when I brew it, I realize why I love it so. … And I can safely say coffee has been the thing that kept me on task/ahead of task this week. (Am I the only one? Please say I’m not.)
And now, it’s time for some Friday Favorites!
Check it out…
- I’m unsure how I am just now hearing about Emphas.is, but I am blown away with the work they are doing (and allowing photojournalists to embark upon around the world.)
- Famous photographers pose with their most iconic images. I loved this photo story, and I particularly loved reading the back stories behind the iconic images in the photographer’s own words.
- Major sad face: Kodak has filed for bankruptcy.
- Martin Schoeller‘s portraits of twins are really cool… and a little unnerving.
- Gift alert if you have a photog in your life! Learn how to make homemade soap cameras.
- 60 completely unusable stock images. You’re welcome.
- If you live in D.C., please go check out Annie Leibovitz’s new work at the American Art Museum. And then tell me about it since I don’t live in D.C. and won’t be traveling there anytime in the forseeable future.
- Todd Reichman’s post at A Man to Fish about putting wedding trends into perspective is spot-on… and transcends into all other creative fields. Be YOU. Be unique. And do your own thing. (Also? His New Year’s Resolution post ROCKS.)
- Allie’s post about never shooting a portrait at 50mm is fantastic (I am personally loving her examples!) and has me rethinking lens lengths when I have taken portraits during this past week.
- Erica Larsen worked as a housekeeper during the three years she spent documenting Scandinavia’s Sami reindeer herders. The final photo story is absolutely stunning. (Also? Hi. I’d like to go to Scandinavia.)
- I’m a huge Dane Sanders/Fast Track Photographer fan, and Dane’s video on making your goals more doable now is educational and super helpful for the new year. Check it out.
Odds & Ends
- Rock the Shot has some awesome blogging tips that are applicable for photographers and basically everyone else who has a blog. Check it out!
- If you’re a huge public radio fan like I am, check this video out. Chances are, you’ll crack a smile while listening to it because you’ve said something similar.
- I’ve never been one for life and/or bucket lists because there is so much I want to do and accomplish. However, I ran across The Perfect Bucket List earlier this week, and I have thoroughly enjoyed some of the posts there.
- I love HelloGiggles, and their post listing 10 reasons that running doesn’t suck as much as you think made me laugh because it’s so true!
Here’s to a beautiful, productive and FUN weekend, wherever you may be and whatever you may be doing!