Could we all take a second and marvel at the fact that TOMORROW is New Year’s Eve? And that we’re about to enter 2012.
Where has this year gone, y’all?
Honestly. It’s flown by, and I hope y’all have been having as much fun as me. It’s been a fabulous year, and if 2011 was any indicator, 2012 will be even better.
And now, here are this week’s favorite things from the internet..
- If you were wondering about how photographers spend their time, check out this little infographic. It’s surprisingly true… and kind if disappointing if you were under the impression that all we do is take pretty photos, party hard and travel to exotic locations.
- Check out this gorgeous time-lapse of Comet Lovejoy over the Andes Mountains. Nice job, Stéphane Guisard!
- As y’all should know, I am a huge fan of clouds (and cloud photos.) Christopher Jonassen’s photos of clouds and people watching them, called Before We Begin, are absolutely stunning. Check it out!
- An 8-year-old Iraqi photographer answered questions and reflected on the Reuters blog. I cannot get over that the boy is EIGHT. And his thoughts are truly interesting.
- One Picture, Two Photographers. A look at different perspectives of the same subject from two photographers. Fascinating.
- Apparently, North Korea doctored an image of Kim Jong Il’s funeral procession. Wow. (Look at the doctored section here.)
- Eight basic moves every photographer should know in Photoshop. Do you know them all?
Odds & Ends
- If you’re planning on partying hard on New Year’s Eve, be sure to check out the FabFitFun hangover emergency kit. It could come in handy on January 1.
- While Christmas has come and gone, I am still thoroughly tempted to whip up some HP Christmas Butterbeer for New Year’s Eve. (Thanks, Pham!)
- Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are too cute with their NYE song.
What are some of YOUR favorite links from this week?
Happy New Year’s Eve’s Eve, y’all!