First and foremost, y’all, Happy Christmas Eve’s Eve!
I hope everyone is having a lovely week. I have been in Memphis since Tuesday, spending time with my family, and it has been the best time. We’ve shopped. We’ve cooked. We’ve eaten at our favorite restaurants. And we’ve even run 10 miles. (True story.)
It has been a blast, and I am so happy I have had the opportunity to be here for so long.
So without further ado, here are today’s Friday Favorites…
- Canon has filed patents for a lot of their fixed-length fast aperture lenses.
- Do y’all remember the photo of the couple kissing amidst the Vancouver riots? Chris sent me the story behind the image. And it is fascinating.
- Next year, I am definitely making some gingerbread cameras!
- Photoshelter has shared their favorite photography blog posts of 2011. What are some of y’alls?
- If you’re creative and looking for a cool gift for a photographer in your life, check out these Polaroid Picture Ceramic Coasters.
- It’s amazing what Umit Bektas, a photojournalist, took to Afghanistan.
- Some best business advice for creatives from Ramit Sethi is solid.
- The Big Picture has posted their Year in Pictures. (Part I and Part II). Which are your favorites? What do you think they left out?
Odds & Ends
- This one isn’t photo-centric, so I’m putting it here. (Even though it was shared by Chase Jarvis.) I am loving Kevin Spacey’s motivational speech. Words to live by, y’all.
- R. Kelly is adding chapters to Trapped in the Closet. … Heaven help us all.
- Jason Segel and Jack Black sing Christmas Carols.
What are some of y’alls favorite links from around the internet this week?
Happy day, y’all! I hope you are getting the opportunity to spend some quality time with loved ones, friends and family this weekend.