It’s Friday, y’all!
Which means it’s time for this week’s Friday favorite, right?
Here we go…
- My friend (and wedding photographer) and her business partner were named some of PDN’s Rising Stars of Wedding Photography! Congrats, Holly and Britney!
- I absolutely love last week’s video from the Fast Track Photographer on why cover bands don’t change the world. I don’t know about y’all, but I want to make a contribution instead of chasing celebrity.
- Andrew Clancy’s video of Life in New York is beautiful.
- Brand Camp’s post on how to not be a money slut is so correct and something I should probably print out. Because, while all the new products with bells and whistles are nice, they won’t necessarily make your business money. And while it hurts to hock out XYZ money for a piece of necessary equipment, it’s well-worth the cost.
- This image of birds in Scotland looks unreal, even though I know it is real. Nice capture, Scott Heppell!
- How to stitch images together to create a panoramic in Photoshop.
- I am loving Jamie Swanson’s post about how to stay productive when you’re burned out. This is so true. And I’m glad that I am not the only one who takes these steps when I’m feeling a little run-down. (And let’s be honest. We all hit this point at some time in our careers or might even have cycles we go through. I’m currently coming down from a ton of work, and it’s nice to know other people are struggling with the same thing. After all, we photographers are only human.)
- I 100% completely agree that professional photography is all about having relationships.
- Jasmine Star is releasing a magazine. And it sounds awesome because it includes musings on her first two years of business.
- If you’re wondering about focal length and how it affects headshots, check this post out. Very interesting.
Odds & Ends
- Aww! Loving this DIY embroidered map! (Thanks for sharing, Nicole!)
- Ten things to do before welcoming guests into your home for a holiday party. … I’m taking notes!
- I am positively swoon-y over the Wild Ink Press (silver and gold) holiday cards. Loving the lyrics on these!
- If you’re drinking and don’t know what to listen to, check out Drinkify. They can help you match a drink to your current music! (Thanks, Jamie!)
- Kina Grannis’ new music video features stop motion photography and 288,000 jelly beans. Pretty cool, huh?
- There might be a DAWSON’S CREEK REUNION in the works! Be still, my teenage-drama-loving heart!
What are some of y’alls favorite links from around the internet this week?
And what do y’all have planned for this coming weekend?
We’re hosting friends, as usual, since it’s a gameday weekend, and hopefully, the Tigers will not disappoint during this year’s homecoming game. Should be pretty exciting. And then after that? We’ve got nothing planned other than relaxing.
Happy weekend, friends! May this one be the best yet!