Happy Friday, y’all!
Today has already been a crazy day, but I’m thankful that the weekend is almost here. I’m also thankful that we have so many friends coming in town this weekend for the LSU-Auburn game. (Geaux Tigers!)
What about y’all?
Think on that while you check out these links…
- In crazy gear news: Did you see the press release for the new Canon 1D X (and its GPS and wifi add-ons?) This camera can shoot 12 (18 megapixel!) frames per second. Absolutely ridiculous. And absolutely something I am putting on my wishlist, though I doubt it’s going to be a realistic goal for quite some time.
- This elephant portrait by Nick Brandt is stunning.
- How to make film developer with coffee and vitamin C. Pretty cool, huh? And I really, really want to get the supplies to give this a shot! It’ll be just like being back in the film lab… except at my own home!
- I loved the Joy of Marketing’s post on small business lessons learned from Steve Jobs.
- Ryan Enn Hughes’ project that was created using 48 cameras and four dancers is incredible and inspiring!
- A Canon DSLR patent is showing a touchscreen and wifi capabilities. Fancy pants, Canon!
- Elizabeth Halford poses another interesting question: Will Pinterest be sued by photogs like Napster was sued by musicians? That being asked, Elizabeth breaks down the instances where she thinks it’s OK to share images online and instances where it isn’t. And I agree with her. Where do y’all stand on this?
- Have y’all seen the Canon 50mm f/0.95 on an Olympus E-P1? (Thanks for the heads up, Chris!)
- Todd Bigelow’s secrets to a successful photo project.
- Check out this side-by-side comparison of the iPhone 4S and 5D Mark II 1080 video.
- Thanks to Parks and Rec, we can all know how to not do a family photoshoot.
- Daniel strapped a camera on his pug for an afternoon. The results are fascinating.
- I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at the submissions for the The Booooooom + Adobe Remake photo project, where artists have remade famous artwork with images.
- Nikon, Canon and Sony facilities in Thailand are still closed due to the record-breaking flooding in Thailand.
Odds & Ends
- Cancer isn’t funny, but this video from Rethink Breast Cancer definitely made me smile with the way they are encouraging women to do their monthly checks… and want to download their reminder app to my phone.
- My friend Nicole launched a food blog this week that includes freakin’ awesome recipe collections. Love love love!
- Thanks to Southern Living, you can learn how to FRY candy corn in time for Halloween!
Here’s to hoping y’all have a fantastic weekend!
What are some of your favorite things of the week?